Today, we present an article inspired by Vie Publique’s publication focused on French citizen expatriation around the world.
Thanks to all the information registered by Vie Publique, we are able to provide you an article with current data and key figures.
With more than 2.5 million inhabitants abroad and 1.8 million registered in the French people living outside France register, the French population is experiencing intense expatriation. Despite changing trends and a sparse population around the globe, one type of French citizens remains more inclined to expatriate.
French people inclined to expatriate
– Mostly young, the majority of the French population abroad is made up of people between the ages of 25 and 60 at 50.5%, followed by those under 25 representing 34.3% of the global expatriate rate.
– The typical expatriate profile is composed of families (men, women and children).
– With motivation and professional objectives, 33% of French expatriates have a level of education equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree.
Factors determining the country of expatriation
– Proximity pushes expatriates to border countries: Germany, Switzerland, Belgium, Italy, Luxembourg.
– Historical relationship with France create opportunities for expatriates : Morocco, Algeria, Israel, Canada.
– Economic powerhouses are attractive: China, United States.
Breakdown of French expatriates worldwide rate
– Europe with 48.3%.
– America with 20.3%.
– North Africa with 14.5%.
– Sub-Saharan Africa and the Indian Ocean with 8%.
– Asia-Oceania 7.9%
To find out more about healthcare topics in Singapore you can check our articles. To understand how your health insurance plans cover the healthcare costs, you can approach UEX’s happiness team by email for more information and guidance – and the good news is that they are super nice!